About Nikhat Zareen
Nikhat Zareen is an Indian boxer, who recently won a gold medal in the sport of boxing for India. And she has also created history again by winning the gold medal in the Women’s World Championship 2022. She has already won several gold medals and other awards and titles for herself from various boxing events and tournaments. She is also originally a native of Telangana state. In 2011 also he won the gold medal in the Junior Boxing World Championship. Then in 2022, she created history by winning another gold for the country.
She got this sports background from her father, who is a sports enthusiast. But however, another fact about Nikhat Zareen is that she chose athletics at an early age and remained in athletics till the age of 14. And later on the advice and guidance of one of his uncles, she changed her sports stream and took up boxing. And then as a teenager, she started training for professional boxing tournaments. Nikhat Zareen is now also the World Boxing Champion.
Nikhat Zareen was born on 14 June 1996 in Nizamabad city of Andhra Pradesh (now Telangana). And her father is Mohammad Jameel Ahmed and her mother is Parveen Sultana. She inherited the sporting genes from her father, as her father Mohammad Jameel was also a sports enthusiast. Her hometown was Nizamabad, and now she has started and completed her primary education at Nirmala Hriday Girls’ High School, her hometown itself. Presently, and she is also pursuing degree course in Bachelor of Arts (BA) from AV College, Hyderabad, Telangana.
By now, we all know that Nikhat Zareen is a very talented boxer, she has represented her country in various boxing tournaments including World Championships 2022 Istanbul and Commonwealth Games 2022 Birmingham. And apart from all this, she has also represented the country in the Asian Championship 2019, Bangkok.
|Famous for||Winning Gold at Women’s Boxing World Championship 2022, Istanbul, and also at Commonwealth Games 2022|
|Date of Birth||14th June 1996|
|Age (As in 2023)||26 years|
|Birth place||Nizamabad district, Telangana, India|
|Home Town||Nizamabad district, Telangana, India|
|Food Habits||Non Vegetarian|
|School||Nirmala Hrudaya Girls High School in Nizamabad|
|College/ University||AV College in Hyderabad, Telangana|
|Educational qualification||School Education from Nirmala Hrudaya Girls High School in NizamabadBachelor of Arts (B.A.) from AV College in Hyderabad, Telangana|
Physical Stats & More
|Weight (approx.)||52 kg|
Affairs & More
|Boyfriend/ Husband||Not Known|
Family & More
|Father||Mohammad Jameel Ahmed|
|Sister||Anjum Minaaz, Afnan Zareen|
|Favorite Food||Biryani And Nihari|
|Favorite Actor||Hrithik Roshan, Aamir Khan & Edward Norton|
|Favorite Actress||Waheeda Rehman, Nutan, Madhuri Dixit & Priyanka Chopra|
|Favorite color||Purple & Yellow|
|Favorite song||With the Sunshine by Ocean Drive|
|Favorite Author||Jack Canfield|
|Favorite Musician||Mohit Suri & Lady Gaga|
|Favorite Perfume||Michael kors|
|Favorite Destination||Rome, Paris & Switzerland|
Hobbies & Money Factor
|Hobbies||Travelling and Cycling|
|Net Worth||$1 million|
Social Media ID
|Facebook ID||Click to follow|
|Instagram ID||Click to follow|
|YouTube ID||Click to follow|
Also Read : Fatima Sana Shaikh Age, Height, Net Worth, Boyfriend, Family, Career, Biography & More
Unknown Facts About Nikhat Zareen
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- Nikhat Zareen’s father moved to Nizamabad in India after working for 15 years as a sales assistant in Saudi Arabia. And later, she helped Nikhat and her younger sister choose a sport.
- Nikhat Zareen started learning boxing from her father soon after completing the eighth grade. In a media interaction, Nikhat’s father recalled that once Nikhat was asked why more women participate in boxing than in other sports, to which Nikhat’s father replied,
Because no one has that much guts.”
- Soon after hearing her answer, Nikhat Zareen decided to become a professional boxer. In an interview given to a media house, she said,
That’s when I decided what to do and I told my father that I want to show people that a girl can box.”
- According to Nikhat Zareen, it was her father who inspired her to pursue boxing as a sport. In an interview with a media house, her father said that there are some restrictions for girls in Islam, but being a sportsperson himself, she inspired her daughter to win a gold medal at the Rio Olympics. , which was once missed by Mary Kom in the London Olympics. And she also said that,
There are restrictions in the Islamic religion. But, being a sportsperson myself, I believe that there is no religion in sports. I tell Nikhat that Mary Kom missed gold in London Games itself, but I want you to emulate her in Rio.
- Even in 2017, Nikhat Zareen has not participated in any national boxing camps and tournaments as she suffered a shoulder injury.
- Sports brand ‘Adidas’ has appointed Nikhat Zareen as its brand ambassador in 2018. In her boxing training and exercises, Nikhat Zareen is supported by the Welspun Group. She is also a member of the Target Olympic Podium Scheme of the Sports Authority of India.
- Nikhat Zareen has three sisters and her two elder sisters are doctors. Nikhat’s younger sister is a badminton player. According to Nikhat’s father, when Nikhat was thirteen years old, she had told her family members that she wanted to join boxing as a sport and play for India. In a conversation with a media house, her father told that as soon as she wanted to join boxing, her family members allowed her to participate in it; However, some relatives opposed it. She said,
But sometimes, relatives or friends tell us that a girl should not play sports where she has to wear shorts. But we knew that whatever Nikhat wants, we will also support her dream.
- Nikhat Zareen is also a fitness enthusiast. She also hits the gym every day and regularly posts pictures of her workout sessions on various social media platforms.
- In a conversation with a media house, Nikhat’s father had revealed that she always accompanied Nikhat to national and international boxing events as she had to take great care of her diet and health. And she also said that,
watch her diet and most importantly I want to see that she is training well. I also like to point out her weaknesses after the matches and discuss with him how to improve. And she also feels encouraged in my presence a lot. It will be a ‘two-man-show’.”
- Many famous Indian magazines and tabloids often cover Nikhat Zareen in their articles.
- Nikhat Zareen regularly posts her pictures and videos on various social media platforms. More than 76k
- people also follow her Instagram account. More than 22 thousand people follow him on Facebook.
- Nikhat Zareen’s uncle’s name is Samsamuddin. She also has two sons named Ateshmuddin and Itishmuddani, who are also national level boxers.
- Sports Minister V. Srinivasa Goud and Telangana State Sports Authority (SATS) also presented an electric scooter and a cash prize of Rs 10,000 to Nikhat Zareen for her contribution to Indian athletics in 2020 as well.
- Nikhat Zareen is also an animal lover. She also has a pet cat named Leo. Nikhat regularly posts pictures of her pet cat on various social media platforms.
People Also Ask About Nikhat Zareen
Q1. Who is this Nikhat Zareen?
Ans: She is an India’s world women’s boxing champion.
Q2. How Height is Nikhat Zareen?
Ans : Nikhat Zareen is 5 feet 3 inches tall.
Q3. How old is Nikhat Zareen?
Ans : As of May 2023, she is 26 years old.
Q4. When was Nikhat Zareen born?
Ans : Boxer Nikhat Zareen was born on 14 June 1996.
Q5. What is the total assets of Nikhat Zareen?
Ans : Nikhat Zareen has a net worth of $1 million.